The design and components come from our experience of winning races all over the world. This DOT competition tire* is well-known by road racers for delivering quick lap times, consistency and long wear.
*Caution: Recommended for competition events only.
- Circles in tread indicate tread depth.
- Full 8/32nds tread depth provides good competitive wet traction.
- Shaving to 6/32nds improves dry traction.
- Increased tread area and limited void improves dry traction.
- Groove arrangement assists with wet traction.
Greatly improves grip for better competitive handling and performance.
|Tire Size||Load/Speed||Product Code||Approved Rim Width Range (inch)||Overall Diameter (inch)||Overall Width (inch)||Sidewall||Tread Depth (1/32")||Revs/km||Max Load Single (lbs.)||Max Pressure Single (psi)|
Toyo Tires warranty program
PASSENGER & P-METRIC LIGHT TRUCK TIRE LIMITED WARRANTY - complete details
Toyo Tires recommends the following general set up guidelines for the Proxes RA1:
- Operating Temperature: 71°c to 104°c (160°F to 220°F)
- Hot Inflation Pressures: High 30s to Low 40s (psi)
- Camber: -2.5° to -5.0°
- Caster: As much positive as possible
- Shaving: 4/32” is recommended for competition (grooves remain until 2/32”)
- Rim width: a tire size that falls within the range of midpoint to maximum rim widths is recommended
Proxes RA1 Safety Advisory
- The tread compound is specifically designed to operate under racing conditions making it difficult to achieve optimum adhesion levels under normal street driving.
- The shallower tread depth of 6/32nds limits the tire’s performance capabilities under normal street driving conditions.
- Performance limitations are particularly evident in low ambient temperatures or during the spring and fall when ambient temperatures fluctuate significantly.
- Wet performance is limited when operating outside the optimum temperature range, and when the tire is at less than full tread depth.
- Do not use the tire if it has cracked.
For recommendations on proper use, handling, and storage of this tire in colder climates please click here
Race-prepared vehicles such as:
Mazda Miata MX-5