The design and components come from our experience of winning races all over the world. This DOT competition tire* is well-known by road racers for delivering quick lap times, consistency and long wear.
*Caution: Recommended for competition events only.
- Circles in tread indicate tread depth.
- Full 8/32nds tread depth provides good competitive wet traction.
- Shaving to 6/32nds improves dry traction.
- Increased tread area and limited void improves dry traction.
- Groove arrangement assists with wet traction.
Greatly improves grip for better competitive handling and performance.
|Tire Size||Load/Speed||Product Code||Approved Rim Width Range (inch)||Overall Diameter (inch)||Overall Width (inch)||Sidewall||Tread Depth (1/32")||Revs/km||Max Load Single (lbs.)||Max Pressure Single (psi)|
|205/50ZR15||236840||5.5-(0.0)-7.5||23||8.3||BW||8||570||1168 0||44 0|
|225/50ZR15||236830||6.0-(0.0)-8.0||23.7||9.1||BW||8||551||1323 0||44 0|
|225/45ZR15||236970||7.0-(7.5)-8.5||22.9||9||BW||8||564||1201 0||44 0|
|P225/50ZR16||236890||6.0-(7.0)-8.0||24.7||9||BW||8||531||1389 0||44 0|
|P255/50ZR16||236880||7.0-(8.0)-9.0||25.8||10.3||BW||8||507||1687 0||44 0|
|245/45ZR16||236800||7.5-(0.0)-9.0||24.4||9.8||BW||8||534||1477 0||44 0|
|235/40ZR17||236760||8.0-(8.5)-9.5||24.4||9.6||BW||8||529||1323 0||44 0|
|255/40ZR17||236770||8.5-(9.0)-10.0||25.1||10.4||BW||8||515||1477 0||44 0|
|275/40ZR17||236780||9.0-(9.5)-11.0||25.6||11||BW||8||504||1653 0||44 0|
|275/35ZR18||236710||9.0-(9.5)-9.5||25.6||10.9||BW||8||504||1521 0||44 0|
Toyo Tires warranty program
PASSENGER & P-METRIC LIGHT TRUCK TIRE LIMITED WARRANTY - complete details
Toyo Tires recommends the following general set up guidelines for the Proxes RA1:
- Operating Temperature: 71°c to 104°c (160°F to 220°F)
- Hot Inflation Pressures: High 30s to Low 40s (psi)
- Camber: -2.5° to -5.0°
- Caster: As much positive as possible
- Shaving: 4/32” is recommended for competition (grooves remain until 2/32”)
- Rim width: a tire size that falls within the range of midpoint to maximum rim widths is recommended
Proxes RA1 Safety Advisory
- The tread compound is specifically designed to operate under racing conditions making it difficult to achieve optimum adhesion levels under normal street driving.
- The shallower tread depth of 6/32nds limits the tire’s performance capabilities under normal street driving conditions.
- Performance limitations are particularly evident in low ambient temperatures or during the spring and fall when ambient temperatures fluctuate significantly.
- Wet performance is limited when operating outside the optimum temperature range, and when the tire is at less than full tread depth.
- Do not use the tire if it has cracked.
For recommendations on proper use, handling, and storage of this tire in colder climates please click here
Race-prepared vehicles such as:
Mazda Miata MX-5