Commitment to Privacy
Toyo Tire Canada Inc. (Toyo Tire) is committed to protecting the privacy of all users to this site. Policies herein are based on the standards set by the Canadian Standards Association. This policy applies to all information supplied or gathered for internal use, processing orders or for support functions.
What information is collected?
Users can browse through the Toyo Tire web site anonymously. However, information may be required to provide enhanced service when necessary to complete certain user requests.
- Information is collected when registering on the site, placing an order, responding to a survey, during communication such as an e-mail, or when participating in a site feature which requires communication between the use and Toyo Tire or one of Toyo Tire's associate companies.
- When ordering or registering, users be asked for their name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. Note: All financial information such as credit card information is only retained as long as necessary to complete the transaction requested. Information is only retained for a longer period of time if expressly requested by the user in the case of repeat business. Like many websites, at times "cookies" are used to enhance the experience. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'" section below for information about cookies and how they are used.
- Activity is also logged based on pages viewed, however during this information gathering process users remain anonymous. The sole reason for gathering this information is to better help the design and functionality of the web site and to aid in planning future upgrades to the site itself.
Third Party Disclosure
Personally identifiable information may be shared with and stored on a database controlled by third parties to provide a specific service on Toyo Tire's behalf. Contractors of Toyo Tires who have access to the user's personally identifiable information are required to keep the information strictly confidential and are prohibited from using this information for any purpose which has not been disclosed to the user.
Information Gathered From Children
There is no intent to obtain personally identifiable information from children who are using this site unsupervised. Thus, it is asked that children obtain the consent of their parent or guardian before providing personally identifiable information.
How do we use your information?
At no time is information shared with or sold to any other parties unless such disclosure is required by law or to protect Toyo Tire's interests. Information is only shared with Toyo Tire staff and affiliates who temporarily require the information to serve or complete a request by users in some way (please review "third party disclosure statement" above).
The information is gathered when users register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize the user's site experience and to allow Toyo Tire to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which they are most interested.
- To allow Toyo Tire to better service users in responding to their customer service requests.
- To quickly process transactions.
- To administer a survey or other site feature.
- If users have opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, Toyo Tire may send them periodic e-mails. Users may opt-out if the no longer wish to receive promotional e-mails. Please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us" section below. Users who have no opted in will not receive such emails. Users who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on Toyo Tire's e-mail list to receive email communications.
How do we protect visitor information?
Information is protected with sufficient security safeguards based on the sensitivity of the information being stored. A variety of advanced security measures are implemented to maintain the safety of personal information. Financial information is contained behind secured networks and firewalls and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems. These key personnel are required to keep the information confidential and secure at all times. A secure server is used when orders are placed or when visitors access their personal information. All sensitive/credit information provided is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a database only to be accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
Yes. Cookies are small text files that a site or its service provider transfers to the user's computer through the web browser. It enables the site or its service provider's systems to recognize your browser to capture and remember certain information. Cookies help log and process the items in the shopping cart. They are also used to help understand the user's preferences based on current site activity, which enables Toyo Tire to provide them with improved services. If accepted by the user, a cookie may be formatted to remember details to aid in or speeding up a request in the future.
Please refer to your specific browser's "Help" menu for security details with regards to cookies, and how a computer can notify users each time a cookie is sent. Information can also be found on how to disable cookies. When cookies are turned off, many features of the site like the shopping cart will not function properly in which case, it is recommended that orders are placed through phone, email or fax.
Toyo Tire does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personally identifiable information to outside parties. The term "outside parties" does not include www.toyopromo.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist Toyo Tire in operating the website, conducting business, or servicing users so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify e-mail subscriptions, modify your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules emails that are already in production may be sent.
To delete all online account information from the database, sign into the "My Account" section of the site and remove shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note information about an individual sales transaction is maintained in order to service that transaction and for record history.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide with increased value, Toyo Tire may include third party links on this site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Toyo Tire therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, Toyo Tire seeks to protect the integrity of the site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Trademark and Copyright Notice
Toyo Tire Canada Inc. has trademarked and copyrighted the material that is contained on this site, including trade names, logos, documents, and software. All information contained on this site is protected by law.
Personal use of this site is welcomed along with all non-commercial uses such as downloading and printing of materials. Users may not modify the material in any way without the prior written permission of Toyo Tire Canada Inc. No rights or licenses to the material or any portion thereof shall be granted or implied.
Web Site Accuracy
Toyo Tire maintains this site and keeps as current as possible however, at times due to time restraints and or misinformation corrections are necessary which Toyo Tires may do without notice. At no time is it guaranteed that the information on this site is accurate and corrections may be made anytime as needed without notification.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit the Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of this website.
- WARNING: Fraudulent Email Scam. Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (“TTR”) recently learned that our company name and those of our executives are being used in connection with an e-mail phishing scam. The scam is intended to deceive or defraud by inviting recipients to represent the company in some capacity.
- Reporting Suspected Phishing Attempts and Other Suspicious Emails. If you receive or have received such unsolicited email communications, please notify us immediately at Report@ToyoTiresHA.com. Do not respond to these emails or communicate with the sender, and do not provide the sender with any personal or financial information. Also, avoid clicking on links included in the emails, or the attachments, as doing so may result in malware or a virus being loaded on the recipient’s computer.
- Protect the Security of Your Personal Information. Email scams and other internet security risks are not uncommon and we recommend that you take steps to protect the security of your personal information and technology devices.