Regional and Urban Steer Tire
The M153 is an extra-deep, 26/32” regional and urban heavy-duty steer tire optimized for extremely high-scrub applications, where tread wear is the primary reason for tire removal. State-of-the-art design and compounding deliver superior wear performance and excellent durability with a 10,000-lb. load-carrying capacity. This makes the M153 an ideal steer tire for tough refuse operations.
- E-balance provides optimum footprint wear to increase mileage performance.
- Deep 26/32” tread depth delivers longer wear life under high-scrub conditions.
- Extremely wide tread pattern distributes heavy loads evenly to improve mileage.
- Z-shaped siping in tread increases traction in wet conditions.
- Unique buttress protector reduces cutting and curb damage to the sidewall.
- Wide steel-belt construction braces the tread area, improving durability, while high-elongation top belt protects casing integrity.
- High-tensile, open-cord construction keeps moisture and oxygen from entering the cord bundle to combat corrosion.
- Stone-ejector grooves minimize stone retention to maintain casing integrity.
|Tire Size||Load/Speed||Product Code||Approved Rim Width Range (inch)||Overall Diameter (inch)||Overall Width (inch)||Sidewall||Tread Depth (1/32")||Revs/km||Max Load Single (lbs.)||Max Pressure Single (psi)|
The Toyo M153 replaces the following commercial tire products:
Continental HSU2 WT
Goodyear G289 WHA